Updated: August 2018
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
In order to best provide you with our numerous services, we may collect two types of information about our users: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. Our goal when collecting this information is to provide you with the most efficient and customized experience while using our Website.
- Personally identifiable information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in the numerous activities on this Website, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, mailing address, email address, employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other personal identifiable information. This may also include information obtained from your answers to questions concerning services you may be interested in or content that you may submit via the Website or for Website promotions.
- Non-personally identifiable information refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather information about you based upon where you visit on our Website in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and aggregated basis. A list of the types of non-personally identifiable information that we may collect include, but are not limited to: current internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g. Firefox, Google Chrome), the type of operating system you are using (e.g. Windows or Mac OS), sites visited before and after you visit our Website, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Website (e.g., iPhone, Android), location information, and the content and the advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on.
We work with third parties to provide us with analyses of the usage and browsing patterns of visitors to our Website by tracking non-personally identifiable information about our visitors. These third parties include Google Analytics, Drift, Gravity Forms, Monarch by Elegant Themes, and Highlight & Share by Ronalfy. These services are cookie-based and do not collect personal information.
We also work with third parties, such as Facebook and Twitter, to collect user data for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users’ interests.
Information That You Provide to Us
Any electronic communication sent to us through our Website or via e-mail may not be secure and thus may be disclosed. However, as noted in the “Data Security” section below, transmissions over the Internet are not 100% secure at all times. Therefore, even though we take efforts to keep your information secure, there is no guarantee that it will be secure at all times. Please also be aware that the sending of electronic mail to our professionals or through other contact/address provided in the Website does not create a client relationship between you and Catalyst Group, and the contents of any such electronic mail are not privileged.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To market our products and services to visitors;
- To analyze data or metrics about our Website to send more targeted messages to visitors of our Website;
- To conduct research to improve our products and services and Website;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- To respond to your inquiries and to deliver email messages like special offers, updates, newsletters, and service announcements; and
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information or for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may transfer personally identifiable information about you if we, or one of our business units, are acquired by, sold to, merged with or otherwise transferred to another entity. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personally identifiable information to others.
Your information may be shared through our business arrangements with third parties, such as Twitter, through services, such as conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users’ interests. Please refer to the section above on “Cookies” for more information on how you can opt-out of internet-based advertising through the “Do Not Track” functionality in your web browser or through such other methods that Twitter may specify from time to time.
We may disclose aggregated information about our Website users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
If you are under the jurisdiction of CASL, Catalyst Group will ensure to act in compliance with CASL by providing all email marketing through an “opt-in” approach. Catalyst Group will gain consent for commercial electronic messages prior to sending commercial electronic messages, unless we have implied consent, as defined under CASL. You may “opt-out” from receiving emails from our company, and/or our partners and associates upon your unsubscribe request. These procedures are in compliance with CASL, which is effective July 1, 2014.
European Union (EU) Subject Data Rights
In certain circumstances, you may have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- The right to request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information Catalyst Group holds about you and to check that Catalyst Group is lawfully processing it.
- The right to request correction of the Personal Information. This enables Catalyst Group to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though Catalyst Group may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- The right to request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask Catalyst Group to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for Catalyst Group continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask Catalyst Group to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where Catalyst Group may have processed your information unlawfully or where Catalyst Group is required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that Catalyst Group may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- The right to object to gathering of your Personal Information where Catalyst Group is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where Catalyst Group is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, Catalyst Group may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- The right to request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Catalyst Group to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want Catalyst Group to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where Catalyst Group use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Catalyst Group to erase it; (c) where you need Catalyst Group to hold the data even if Catalyst Group no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to Catalyst Group’s use of your data but Catalyst Group needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- The right to request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. Catalyst Group will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for Catalyst Group to use or where Catalyst Group used the information to perform a contract with you.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time where Catalyst Group is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, Catalyst Group may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. Catalyst Group will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
From time to time you may want to access or correct your personally identifiable information that you provide to us, and we believe that you should have that ability.
You may write or email us at the e-mail or street address that is listed below. Please include your first name, last name, and email address.
1054 Virginia Ave, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46203
Even after you have changed your information, deleted it, or requested its deletion, we may need to keep archival copies of such information for legal or compliance purposes.
Security of Your Information
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information we collect online. For example, we have dedicated virtual private servers, a web application firewall, and an encrypted database. With the exception of our host provider, there is no third-party access to the server.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that data transmissions are completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are limitations to security and privacy of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of your personally identifiable information exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure at all times. Consequently, although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is therefore at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Privacy Policies of Third-Party Websites and Services
Miscellaneous Privacy Issues
You should be aware that any information that you publicly disclose on any public areas of this Website can be collected and used by third parties and this may result in unsolicited messages from those parties. This is beyond our control. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Social Media Features
Policy on Use of Website by Minors and Children Under 18
We will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information about visitors that are under 18 years of age.
Our Website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years old. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information through our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information through our Website or on or through any of its features or register for the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as it is commercially practicable. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at the contact information below.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Comments and Questions
If you have a comment or question about this policy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request please send an email to the email listed above or write us at the below address:
1054 Virginia Ave, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46203